Job & Internship Postings
Crimson Careers is the centralized hub for jobs, internships, and short-term experiences posted exclusively to Harvard students. These include:
- Internships in a diverse set of industries, both national and international.
- Opportunities posted by Harvard Centers and departments.
- Opportunities posted by Harvard alumni.
- Recruiting Program jobs and internships, where the organization may also host related “campus” activities, including information sessions, career chats, and interviews.
There are numerous job and internship databases that have relevant opportunities for Harvard students. These include job postings embedded in some of our other online tools (like Interstride and Firsthand Advisers), as well as external job boards and recruiting platforms. Below are some of our recommended job search sites, some of which focus on a particular industry or population:
- USAjobs.gov – This is the centralized website for jobs in federal government. You will likely need to apply through this site for the vast majority of government positions.
- Idealist.org – This is a great site for opportunities at non-profit and mission-driven organizations. It includes internship and volunteer options.
- Parker Dewey – This site specifically offers connections to “micro-internships” – short-term, paid projects that help you gain real world experience.
- Harvardwood Jobs Board – Harvardwood is a Harvard Alumni Association Shared Interest Group (SIG) comprised of alumni working in the arts, media, theatre and entertainment sectors. There is a $5/month fee to join as a full member.
- Handshake – This job and internship posting platforms focuses specifically on college hiring, so is largely entry-level opportunities.
- Indeed – This is currently the largest job board in the United States.
- LinkedIn Jobs – This connection tool also features job and internship postings. Some employers have you apply directly through the “Easy Apply” feature, so keep your profile up to date.
- Built In – This network of sites focuses on tech and start-up opportunities in several specific geographic communities: