54 Dunster Street
Most parking meters in Harvard Square have a one-hour limit. For extended parking, we suggest that you park in one of the garages near by and walk to our main office. All garages charge a fee.
Parking Garages around Harvard Square
- Harvard Square Parking Garage, 20 Eliot Street
- University Place Garage, 124 Mt. Auburn Street
- Charles Hotel Garage, One Bennett Street
59 Shepard Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
Most parking around the Harvard SOCH is resident only, and you will be ticketed or towed if you park there. We discourage driving to the facility, but if necessary, a very limited amount of parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis via the Harvard Parking Office at either the Observatory or Everett St lots.
To Purchase Harvard Parking Day Pass:
- Parking passes can be purchased 2 – 14 days in advance
- Create a Visitor Account through the Harvard Online Parking Permit System (https://hopps.vpcs.harvard.edu/signup)
- Navigate to the home page by clicking the house icon on the top right
- Click “Search Parking”
- Reason for Visit: Other
- At the top, the date and select Weekday (Monday – Friday) as the permit type
- When prompted to select a lot, select “Observatory Lot” or “10 Everett St Garage”
- When you are ready to check out, click the shopping cart on the top right
- Note that license plate will be required to purchase permit
- Cost is $20 and can be paid by credit card
- Print out your permit in advance and place on your car dashboard
- For questions about the parking pass see the FAQ page or call 617.496.7827.