Coach for College
Coach for College is a funded, four-week public service volunteer program that allows American university varsity student athletes to interact with Vietnamese university students to help teach young children in rural Vietnam a curriculum of academics, sports, and life skills.
Please note that OCS will comply with Harvard’s COVID travel policy. It is the responsibility of students to ensure their ability to complete the programs for which they are applying for funding.
Please note that Harvard College students can only accept one funded summer experience each summer. For the latest information, see Harvard College’s Summer Funding Policy..
OCS awards are not transferrable. If your internship organization or location changes, you need to seek OCS’ approval to be funded for your opportunity. Similarly, funding for one type of opportunity (such as an independent internship) cannot be moved to another type of opportunity (such as an internship with a third-party internship provider or study abroad). If there are any changes to your internship (I.e. type, format, location, duration, etc) and you do not inform us, your award may be rescinded.
OCS can only fund students who:
- Are Varsity student-athletes
- Are in good academic standing at time of application through the end of the spring semester
- Are current Harvard College undergraduates, 1st-year through 1st semester senior during Spring 2023
- Are enrolled full-time during Spring 2023
- Are planning to enroll in Fall 2023
**Preference will be given to students who have NOT received prior funding and for whom this is their last summer of college**
- Enroll in direct deposit. See direct deposit instructions.
- Fill out the Coach for College Application by DEADLINE
- In-person: Cost of the program fee (which includes cost of travel)
- It is the student’s responsibility to cover or supplement any extra costs that are not included in the program fee (i.e. visas, personal expenses, immunizations, food etc.)