Coach for College
Coach for College is a four-week public service volunteer program that allows American university varsity student athletes to interact with Vietnamese university students to help teach young children in rural Vietnam a curriculum of academics, sports, and life skills.
Currently, the plan is for U.S. varsity student athletes to travel to Vietnam to participate in the program in-person. It is possible that students will end up volunteering virtually. Before committing to the program, students will learn if they will be volunteering in-person or virtually. Please contact Seth Napier with any questions or for further details on the 2022 format.
Who Can Apply for Funding?
OCS can only fund students who:
- Are varsity athletes
- Are in good academic standing at time of application and at the end of the spring semester
- Are current Harvard College undergraduates, 1st-year through 1st semester senior
- Are enrolled full-time Spring 2022
- Planning to enroll Fall 2022
How to Apply:
- Enroll in direct deposit. See direct deposit instructions.
- Fill out the Coach for College Application (For all essay questions, enter “n/a.” You will fill submit essay questions in the CARAT application below).
- Apply in CARAT to “OCS Coach for College Student-Athlete Program Funding Application SU22 (C4C)” by 11:59pm ET on Thursday, February 17, 2022 (deadline has been extended) with the following materials:
- Essay question, PDF format
- One-page resume, PDF format (we recommend using OCS resume templates)
- Unofficial Transcript, PDF format (available under Grades tab, “View Unofficial Transcript” link in my.harvard)
- Proof of Direct Deposit enrollment, PDF format – Submit a pdf screenshot from the “Student Accounts” section from my.harvard that shows you are enrolled in direct deposit (See sample screenshot)