Host Coffee Chats & Office Hours
Employer coffee chats / office hours allow employers and students to connect informally for 1:1 or small group conversations and are a great way to form personal connections with students. We recommend scheduling 2-3 hours total. During this time period, students reserve a 15-30 minute time slot to meet with your organization’s representative(s). Conversations are informal and allow students to learn more about your organization, receive feedback on their resume, ask about your application process, and practice for interviews.
Scheduling Coffee Chats/Office Hours
All requests for coffee chats/office hours must be submitted via the registration form and confirmed by the Employer Relations team. You will receive a confirmation email when your request has been approved.
- FALL: (June 2022-December 2022) Coffee Chat / Office Hour Registration Form
- Fees: There is a $200 fee per event which includes use of the RSVP/scheduling tool in Crimson Careers as well as promotion. This fee applies to virtual and in person events. Coffee chats / office hours are promoted through our events database, calendar, and email lists. Additionally, employers who choose to advertise a coffee chat will also receive access to the OCS Recruiting Resume Book, an opt-in resume book for students. There are no fees for nonprofit or government organizations.
- In-Person / Virtual Options: We anticipate virtual and in-person recruiting events will continue to be possible throughout the 2022-2023 academic year. Employers planning in-person events should inquire about space at one of the below recommended venues and also create a virtual contingency plan.
Recommended Venues in Harvard Square
Employer presentations/recruiting events are not permitted in classroom space. We recommend the below cafés near Harvard Square as venues. Employers are also welcome to host virtual events and should create a virtual contingency plan for all in-person engagements.
- Henrietta’s Table (1 Bennett St) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tatte (1288 Massachusetts Ave) – 617.441.4011
- Bluestone Lane Harvard Square Café (27 Brattle St) – 718.374.6858
- Blue Bottle Coffee (40 Bow St) – 510.653.3394
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea (100 Mt Auburn St) – 617.492.1844
- Capital One Café (24 John F. Kennedy St) – 617.299.2669
- Swissbakers (168 Western Ave, near the Science & Engineering Complex) – 617.903.3113