Employer Job Posting Policies
Job and Internship Posting Fees
- For-profit employers are charged a $50 fee for a 60-day posting for a job or internship.
- Nonprofit and government employers post free of charge.
- Selecting the wrong Organization Type (e.g. for-profit company selecting nonprofit organization type) will result in your job or internship not being posted.
- Though short in timespan, these opportunities should be skill-building for the student, introduce them to specific work tasks or functions, and/or educate the student about a specific field.
- We recommend all projects are paid, however unpaid projects will be considered if they have a significant learning component or support nonprofit or mission-driven initiatives.
- Projects can be remote or in-person (as long as federal, state, and local authorities are permitting in-person work in your area), but remote is recommended at this time.
- In-person projects cannot take place in someone’s home and unskilled tasks will be referred to the Student Employment Office.
- OCS reserves the right to reject opportunities that are not skill building or educational.
Winter Break Experiences
- Winter Break Experiences are free of charge for all employers.
- Winter Break Experiences MUST BE between Jan 2 and the start of spring classes to qualify.
- Only positions with start and end dates in the position description will be posted.
Third-Party Recruiter Policy
- Third-party recruiters must disclose the name(s) of the client that they are representing and to whom the applicants’ credentials will be disclosed.
- The Office of Career Services must be able to verify that the third party is recruiting for a legitimate job opportunity.
- The fee for third-party recruiters is $50 for each 60-day posting, regardless of whether the client is for-profit or nonprofit.
Requirements for Employer Registrations
Employer account registrations must include the following information in order to be approved. All employer, contact, and posting information, including the employer website, must be in English so it can be properly vetted by our team.
- Organization name
- Contact name
- Official organization email address; registrations with personal email addresses or non-organization email addresses (e.g., @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc.) will not be approved
- Organization website (English language version of the website is required)
Types of Job/Internship Postings that will NOT be Approved:
Crimson Careers is intended for positions that are appropriate for current students and recent alumni. The following types of positions will NOT be approved in Crimson Careers:
- Organizations with college admissions consulting positions
- International teaching positions unless they have been pre-approved by our office
- Campus/brand ambassador positions
- Tutoring/test prep positions (these roles can be posted in the Harvard Student Employment Office database)
- Positions that would employ students for a private individual or work-for-hire contract (e.g., babysitter, private tutor, caretaker, etc.)
- Positions where the interview takes place in a private residence/home
- Positions where the work takes place in a private residence/home
- Positions that require students and alumni to pay a placement fee or investment prior to employment
- Bootcamp roles with a fee-based model
- Placement agencies/organizations offering unspecified opportunities to teach abroad
- Positions that do not clearly reveal the name of the company/organization where the students will work/intern