LinkedIn is an online professional networking tool that boasts over 700 million members in more than 200 countries (representing 170+ industries). LinkedIn can be used to:
- Research jobs and industries.
- Exchange information or advice.
- Locate and contact professionals.
Additionally, LinkedIn lists job, internship, and volunteer opportunities. 79% of job opportunities are posted on at least one social network, and 77% of those are posted on LinkedIn.
- Download LinkedIn tip sheets and learn how to:
- Visit the LinkedIn student portal for additional tip sheets and guidance.
Joining groups is one way to connect professionally with other Harvard students and alumni. Consider joining the Harvard Alumni Group for the student job search.
Email the front desk at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with your LinkedIn profile during daily drop-ins (College), express appointments (GSAS), and call-in advising (HES). Check our event calendars for upcoming workshops.