Whether you’re new to MCS or have used our resources and services, we invite you to connect with us! MCS has many resources to help you whether you are just exploring your interests, or applying for an internship. Here are some recommendations on where you can start.
Explore MCS resources:
- 300 Educational Programs—MCS hosts multiple events throughout the year including amazing alumni career panels, resume and cover letter workshops, and graduate and professional school application workshops. Check out what is happening this week! Note: Use the filters to search for events by industry area, workshops hosted by MCS, or info sessions hosted by employers, career fairs and more!
- 8,000 Jobs & Internships—Start your job or internship search by perusing the Crimson Careers jobs and internship database. You can even create a customized job search for your areas of interest.
- 20 Career Fairs & Expos—Engage with employers, meet alumni working in industry, find out more about internships and post-grad opportunities—all in one place!
- Summer Opportunities Funding for Study Abroad, Research, Internships, & Public Services –Check out the website to explore some of the Harvard-funded opportunities and learn more at one of the upcoming Navigating Summer Opportunities Funding Workshops (Oct. 27 and Nov 6).
- Premedical & Health Professions Advising—Our amazing Premed/Pre-health Advising Team is here to support you on your career journey in the health-related fields including but not limited to human medicine (MD and DO), dental medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing and more!
- Graduate & Professional School Advising—Considering a Masters, PhD, MBA, or Law School? We are happy to help you explore advanced study opportunities.
- Help with Exploration & Next Steps—Explore our online resources and meet with our adviser for students still exploring. Take the Strengths Profile assessment to discover your realized and unrealized strengths!
- Drop-In Advising 1:00-4:00pm— Read below to learn more!
Come to 10 minute drop-in advising for quick questions, resume/cover letter reviews, or just to get started.
Drop-ins are a convenient way to chat with us:
- 1pm-2pm ET: Over zoom or the phone. Log in to Crimson Careers to get started.
- 2pm-4pm ET: In person at MCS (54 Dunster St.) Just drop by – no appointment necessary!
During a drop-in, you can also get information about:
- where to begin or next steps in your career journey
- tips for summer plans and funding
- post-graduate opportunities
- and more!
Connect with us and let us get to know you! Our friendly advisors can help you explore your interests and skills as well as help connect you with resources, people, and opportunities.
Customize your MCS Newsletter to highlight your career areas of Interest:
Visit the MCS website homepage and click the “Customize Your Newsletter” tab. This will allow you to receive communications highlighting events, resources and blogs focused in your career interest areas.
Please note upcoming MCS events:
Below are some events coming up that are great places to start in exploring our resources!
- 10-2 Resumes and Cover Letters for First-Year Students Convert your high school doc into a competitive resume for future internships, research assistantships and more!
- 10-3 Breaking into Tech: Explore Roles, Find Internships and Prepare for Your Future—Great for first and second years– attend this workshop and upperclassmen panel to learn how to find internships and build relevant skills in the tech fields like SWE, Data Science, PM, research and more.
- 10-23 Deconstructing the Internship or Job Posting—Tips on how to evaluate job/internship descriptions/postings and how to tailor you resume for it.
- 10-27 Navigating Summer Opportunities Funding– Learn about Harvard’s many summer opportunities and where to look for your best chance of getting funding to pursue your summer plans!
Keep reviewing our web site to learn about MCS services and upcoming events. Look out for more tips on future “How to MCS” posts.