Taking some time this summer to learn what to expect in an interview, familiarize yourself with interview types, and, most importantly, PRACTICE can help you go into interview season more confident and prepared!
Interview Resources for All Industries
- MCS Interviewing Webpage
- MCS Interviewing Publication (pdf) – Use the list of commonly asked interview questions to practice. See tips for video interviews.
- MCS Online Workshop: Ace Your Interview
- Vault Guides (free through MCS) – Guides are available in a variety of industries and include industry-specific interview information.
- MCS Firsthand Advisors (free through MCS) – Connect virtually with alumni who have worked at top employers worldwide and who have volunteered to offer you a mock interview, resume review, or career conversation.
- Interviewing.com (free through MCS) – Allows you to record yourself answering interview questions, including tech, finance, and consulting case questions, with a webcam and review your interview. Use this to practice for pre-recorded or virtual interviews.
Tips for Virtual Interviews
- Vault – 10 Tips for Virtual Interviews
- Harvard Business Review – 4 Tips to Nail a Virtual Job Interview
Case Interview Prep:
If you are interested in pursuing consulting opportunities, be sure to find time to prepare for case interviews.
- Vault Case Interview Guide (free through MCS) – Learn about case interviews and prepare with sample cases.
- Case Questions Interactive (free through MCS) – Marc Cosentino, author of Case in Point, has compiled resources and practice cases for students to access online. Click here for the MCS key-protected login.
- Case Questions Video Vault (free through MCS) – Click here for the MCS key-protected login.
- Case Questions Exchange Platform – “Exchange was developed for students from around the world to practice cases with their peers from other schools. When you register, your personal information will be protected. Members will be able to sign up to give or receive cases with students from other schools. You can request to be removed from the list at any time.”
- Fast Math Resources – Access free tools like a Quantitative Assessment Quiz and Mental Math Exercises put together by Matthew Tambiah.
This message was shared over the MCS Recruiting & Employer email list. Harvard College students: subscribe here for more messages like this throughout the summer.