We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer, Automation & Controls to join our Engineering Team in developing and deploying a growing product line of autonomous, situationally aware, and remotely operable marine control systems.
This position will also collaborate with our autonomy team and perception teams to design industry-leading control strategies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and evaluate control algorithms for marine surface vehicles in simulated and real-world test environments.
- Design and implement control systems for our autonomous systems.
- Develop tuning and commissioning aids for use by our field engineers and technicians.
- Work cross-functionally with our software development and product teams to understand market requirements and provide solutions.
- Maintain software documentation and support field operations team with provisioning and commissioning.
- Participate in on-water testing.
Qualifications and Skills
- BS or higher in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Robotics, or another related technical field.
- 3+ years of experience in control systems development.
- Experience with controls software development (PLC, microcontroller, or similar).
- Experience with PID controls. Complex controls knowledge preferred.
- Experience with developing autonomy software and robotics.
- Experience working with both simulated environments and with real use-case environments.
- Experience with modern CI/CD workflows and Agile software development methodology.
- Experience with autonomous or semi-autonomous vehicles.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and communications systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of control buses (CAN, RS422) is a plus.
- Experience collaborating with other functional teams to define requirements and goals.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and convincingly.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced development schedule.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible spending account
Paid time off