Harvard Griffin GSAS Dossier & Interfolio
Interfolio is one of several online services that graduate students may use to manage their academic job search documents, including confidential letters of recommendation. While the Mignone Center for Career Success no longer manages a dossier service, current Harvard Griffin GSAS students and recent Harvard Griffin GSAS alumni (<5 years since graduation) are welcome to schedule an appointment to discuss their academic job search questions and documents.
Letters of recommendation can be uploaded directly into Interfolio. We hope users will enjoy this fast and efficient process. For questions contact Interfolio’s customer support.
Current Harvard Griffin GSAS Students
- Interfolio offers an application portfolio management service that allows you to collect and store confidential letters of recommendation and other academic job search documents. The initial subscription is free.
- When the time comes to start sending out your materials to apply for academic positions, you will need to upgrade your Interfolio account to “Dossier Deliver.” The fee associated with this upgrade is $48.
- If you need any further assistance with your Interfolio account, please contact Interfolio’s customer support.
Harvard Griffin GSAS and HDS Alumni
- Maintaining your Interfolio account is your responsibility after you graduate
- Interfolio will maintain electronic records of your letters for up to 5 years, if you let your account expire.
- Please contact Interfolio’s customer support for any questions about a current or expired account.
Reactivating a Dossier Account Formerly Managed by the Mignone Center for Career Success
- Alumni who graduated after January 2008
If you need to reactivate your expired Interfolio account, go to the Interfolio website and login using your previous username and password. You can use Interfolio’s “forgot password” feature, or if you have forgotten your username as well, email Interfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will help you reactivate your expired account.
- Alumni who graduated before January 2008
The Mignone Center for Career Success strongly recommends that only letters of recommendation written within the last 3-5 years be used to apply for academic jobs and fellowships. Letters written more than 3-5 years prior will not provide search committees with sufficient evidence of your recent experience or be useful in their evaluation of your candidacy for a job. We suggest you ask your letter writers to create updated letters. If you feel you have a valid reason for requesting old documents please complete the following questionnaire and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
Harvard Griffin GSAS Faculty & Administration
Managing Letters of Recommendation for your Advisees
- Interfolio offers an application portfolio management service, available to you and your advisees 24:7, to manage letters of recommendation for academic positions.
- The easiest way to upload your letter of recommendation to a student’s Interfolio account is to refer back to the original email that you received from Interfolio requesting the letter. Otherwise, you can log in to your Interfolio account to upload the student’s letter of recommendation.
- For any questions, please contact Interfolio’s Customer Support.