Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston-based investment firm, is seeking Financing Analysts to manage cash and securities borrowing across our portfolio. Funds managed by WAM routinely borrow cash and securities across markets and asset classes to support our investment strategies. Analysts in this role will take ownership of this process by identifying improvements and optimizing on multiple quantitative and qualitative dimensions to have a major impact on the overall quality of our financing. Strong candidates will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will pair strong communication skills with the ability to drive systematic change. Analysts will gain exposure to a range of investment strategies and will take on responsibility in a quickly growing team. 2023 graduates, including those without previous finance experience are encouraged to apply.
- Collaborate with the investment, trading, and operations teams to constantly improve our financing rates and processes
- Build and maintain strong external relationships with banks and brokers in Boston and New York
- Drive initiatives to ensure a best-in-class optimization and monitoring systems
- Negotiate in opaque markets to achieve the best possible results
- Read and understand legal agreements with financing counterparties to manage financing risk
About the Company:
For 30 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $3 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making. Above all else, we value integrity, uncompromising rationality, creativity and entrepreneurship, and continuous learning and improvement.
Our team of over 100 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact and data, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.