The Internship Program
Have you wondered how your skills and talents could translate into the world of animation? Our Internship Program dives into the craft, technology, and operations behind our animated films while developing your skills and connecting you to industry mentors. You’ll learn what it means to be a part of a collaborative team and how your outstanding talents can grow within our studio. Find yourself immersed in hands-on projects and learning guided by our artists, technologists, and production leaders.
Am I Eligible?
- 18 years or older
- Enrolled in a post-high school educational program (Community College, College, University, Trade, Online School, or equivalent) and returning back to the program for at least one semester post internship.
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May-August 2024. Interns must be fully available for the duration of a 12-week assignment.
- The Intern Program is based in our Burbank, California studios and will start in May 2024.
For our 2024 programs, we are committed to providing mentorship and development. Walt Disney Animation Studios’ production internship program provides emerging talent with an immersive view of Animation through educational seminars on craft and filmmaking, and individual and collective projects.
As a CG Environment artist intern, you will be exposed to various departments within our environment pipeline. Within your internship program, you will be offered individualized mentorship as you explore the following disciplines:
- Layout – CG camera blocking for storytelling purposes
- Modeling – Greyscales and wireframes of natural terrain, architecture, vehicle or prop models
- CG Texturing/Surfacing – natural elements, foliage, sand, trees
- Effects – Natural elements such as fog, smoke, water, rain
- Crowds – Crafting breadth and scope of environments by creating variations of movement, props, characters
- Set Extension – Stylistically extend a fully-build digital environment, crafting backgrounds, landscapes, and environments
- Lighting – manipulate color and light to emphasize shifts of mood both subtle and dynamic in a scene
- Curiosity about CG Character Departments such as Layout, Modeling, CG Texturing/Surfacing, Effects, Crowds, Set Extension, or Lighting.
- Working knowledge/understanding of CG software such as Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, StudioPaint, Painter, Renderman, or Photoshop
- Strong eye for visual appeal
- Background in art, animation, or filmmaking a plus
- Scripting (MEL, Python, C++) a plus
- Familiar with Linux systems a plus
To apply, you must upload a resume including your school and anticipated graduation date and the below:
- Please submit a website, portfolio, or reel (max length 2 min) to demonstrate your interest and experience in the listed disciplines
- Include shot breakdown on your reel if applicable
Deadline for applications is on January 14, 2024 at 11:59 PM PST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay rate for this role in Burbank is $21.70 per hour. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits. To learn more about our benefits visit: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits