The Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation (VCDNP) is recruiting an intern for spring 2023. We strongly encourage applications from women and candidates from developing countries. The VCDNP is an international non-governmental organisation based in Vienna, Austria. The Center conducts impact-driven research, facilitates results-oriented dialogue and builds capacity on nuclear disarmament and non-proliferation issues between governments, international organisations and civil society.
The duration of the internship is up to six months and will take place in person in Vienna, Austria. The intern will receive a monthly stipend of 1,000 Euro to offset living expenses. Interns also receive reimbursements for relocation expenses such as airfare where applicable and as agreed with the VCDNP.
The intern will:
- Develop and implement a research project on a nuclear non-proliferation or disarmament topic supervised by VCDNP researchers;
- Work alongside experts at the VCDNP on ongoing research projects;
- Contribute to programmatic activities at the VCDNP, including events, lectures, webinars, courses and conferences;
- Have the opportunity to interact with specialists from the IAEA, CTBTO and other international organisations in Vienna, as well as representatives from national governments and academia;
- Assist with administrative tasks and events;
- Perform other related duties as requested.