About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
Torc Internships and Co-Ops provide a great way for you to hone your skills and see what life at Torc is all about. Our goal is to enable Interns and Co-Ops to become full-time Torc’rs.
What you’ll do:
Torc is looking for a System Design Engineering Co-op to join a team responsible for bringing our autonomous driving software onto our test vehicles. Engineers in this role complete system design activities that outline the architecture and requirements for self-driving vehicles and the components within the overall system. Candidate responsibilities to include, but not limited to assistance with product requirement derivation, architecture design documentation, requirement analysis and maintenance.
- Help derive product requirements from external stakeholders, regulatory bodies, liability review and societal expectations.
- Research and interpret data, define functional design requirements and architecture for the TORC Virtual Driver and related systems in the Autonomous Ecosystem.
- Assist with troubleshooting of component and system integration issues, guiding the team to an efficient resolution
- Assist developer-in-vehicle development data collection and testing
- Track full system performance, understanding the contributions of relevant sub-systems, providing feedback to development teams
- Assist with tracking of system performance KPis on a regular basis
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Must be working towards a Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with robotics, or systems integration of complex electro-mechanical systems
- Experience using ROS is preferred
- Programming experience in C++ and Python are desired
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, able to identify root causes in complex integrated systems
- Strong communication skills in both written documentation and verbal presentation
At Torc, we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We celebrate the uniqueness of our Torc’rs and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, or disabilities.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications listed for this opportunity, we encourage you to apply. We’re always looking for those that are hungry, humble, and people smart and your unique experience may be a great fit for this role or others.