WHO WE ARE
THE LOOP LAB is an innovative media production nonprofit comprising a Studio and a learning community, which exists to empower Women and People of Color in the media arts to develop careers in audio/video through job training and job placement. As a multi-racial organization, we are committed to ending inequality and racism through digital storytelling located in Cambridge, MA and serving young adults throughout Greater Boston.
The Administrative Intern will assist with general office, HR, and Accounting activities as well as support the Loop Lab Academy and Studio as directed by the Administrative Manager (AM).
The position is part-time.
The intern can expect to interact with the Operations consultant, Grants Manager, Instructors,
apprentices, and Production team during the course of their internship.
We’d like you to:
● Assist with data collection and entry into Asana, our project management software
● Conduct research on best practices for nonprofits and aid with translation into written procedural documents
● Communicate with vendors as needed to answer questions and coordinate visits to office
● Support in planning and execution of office events and activities
● Research necessary equipment or supplies needed, and provide subsequent proposals
● Organize student, consultant and subcontractor files and documents
● Attend bi-weekly team meetings
● Help with other day-to-day administrative tasks as needed
We are looking for someone who has:
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including over email and telephone
– Strong organizational skills paired with a keen attention to detail
– Resourcefulness in finding information required to complete tasks
– Ability to manage one’s time effectively and determine priorities
– A willingness to learn and be flexible in a growing nonprofit environment
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Zoom
– Familiarity with media production and equipment terminology preferable but not required
– An interest in building equity within the Media Arts industry and alignment with our mission statement
● Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program or certification/workforce development program with a focus in Communications, Nonprofit Management, Arts Administration, or Media Studies/Production.