Sunshine Action is an organisation that works towards relieving poverty and supporting low-income and homeless individuals. In pursuit of this, we are currently developing an app to make reaching our goal of poverty relief more accessible and increase the outreach of our organisation. Therefore, we are looking for passionate individuals who have some experience with app development, to help us bring forth our app initiative. Interns will be expected to commit 5-10 hours per week to the development of our app. The duration of this remote voluntary internship is flexible but we are expecting a commitment of at least 3 months. Our organisation values long-term relationships to facilitate a volunteering network and we would therefore appreciate a longer commitment.
Essential technical skills:
– Have some experience with app development – making an app and launching it via iOS and Android platforms
Other useful skills:
– Any experience with software development
– Familiar with GitHub
– Familiar with firebase
– Experience with front-end and back-end development
What you will gain:
– Further experience with app development
– Meaningful collaborative work with other like-minded individuals
– Practical project planning experience
– Connections with our widespread volunteering network
– Other opportunities to contribute to Sunshine Action
– A reference for the future
If you are interested, please email Adrian Yan (email@example.com) with your CV and a brief paragraph as to why you would be best suited for this role.