Application deadline for both programs: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
“Summer Undergraduate Minority Research Program (SUMR)
Full-Time Paid Summer Internships for Undergraduates in Health Services Research
SUMR, a twelve-week summer internship introduces undergraduate to health services research. The program aims to increase historically underrepresented groups entering graduate schools in the fields of health economics, health care management, health policy, population health, and clinical epidemiology.
WHAT DO SUMR SCHOLARS DO?
- Work on research projects with Penn faculty mentors
- Hear about graduate school opportunities
- Participate in a six-month online GRE prep program
- Attend week-long orientation and 30 seminars with Penn faculty
- Attend the Academy Health 2023 Annual Research Meeting in Seattle, WA
- Participate in a seven-week writing program
- Present research at End of SUMR program
WHO IS ELIGIBLE +?
- Rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors with an interest in health care and strong quantitative skills
- Historically underrepresented groups are given priority
Get Experience in Aging Research Undergraduate Program (GEAR UP):
SUMR has expanded the program to attract scholars who interested in the demography and economics of aging and health care. The Get Experience in Aging Research Undergraduate Program (GEAR UP) is a 15-month sustained fellowship program for undergraduates from underrepresented backgrounds who are interested in a career in aging research.
Promoted Opportunities: Internships
Website: ldi.upenn.edu/sumr and ldi.upenn.edu/gearup