As a Risk Consulting Intern at RSM, you will work with various sized businesses in diverse industries and receive hands-on client experience with direct access to clients at various management levels. At the start of your internship you’ll be assigned a “Navigator”, a more junior employee, who will aide in your development throughout the internship experience.
RSM’s Risk Consulting Group provides value added risk assessment services to clientele and you will have the ability to be exposed to a wide variety of industries and clients. Examples of projects include internal audits, SOX/compliance work and financial reporting control projects intended to provide our clients with timely information on business operations and methods to mitigate potential risks.
Examples of the candidate’s responsibilities include:
- Sit in on client meetings and support conducting consulting projects
- Preparing reports on consulting services performed for clients; delivering reports where appropriate and discussing results and recommendations with clients
- Traveling to client locations as requested to provide consulting services
- Completing client projects efficiently in accordance with the project timeline and critical dates
- Leveraging proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint to analyze client information and document results and recommendations
- Opportunity to attend specific conferences, trainings, & meetings to continue professional development relevant to the role
Internship & Program Requirements
- Pursuing at least a B.A. / B.S. degree or equivalent from accredited university, expected completion of degree by December 2022 or June 2023
- Major in Accounting (preferred), Finance
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Travel to assigned client locations may be required. Must have access to and ability to arrange for use of reliable modes of transportation to those locations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office
- Strong multi-tasking and project management skills
- Ability to work as an effective member of a team
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Certification or working towards certification as a CPA (preferred but not required)
The firm offers a competitive benefits package, base compensation, and an employee bonus program for eligible roles based on individual and firm performance per program guidelines. Base compensation ranges can be found between the ranges noted below in the posting, and an actual offer can vary based upon on role, hiring location, and qualifications. For additional information on RSM’s total rewards, visit our website at https://rsmus.com/careers/working-at-rsm/benefits.html.
If required by applicable law or client policy, you may be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or have an approved accommodation.
You want your next step to be the right one. You’ve worked hard to get where you are today. And now you’re ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you’ll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.