Teach all assigned classes, which may include evening or off-campus assignments unless excused according to Board Policy provisions. Maintain accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and academic progress. Assist in maintaining course outline for each assigned course. Be familiar with and observe the administrative regulations as they appear in the Faculty Handbook (flex calendar obligations, course overviews, etc.). Participate in department committees and activities. Will teach a variety of courses/levels within the discipline/area of study.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Applicants must meet one of the following):
- Possess from an accredited institution: Master’s degree in Nursing AND possess an unencumbered, active Registered Nurse license from the state of California, AND at least one (1) year experience in the practice of nursing providing direct patient care within the last five (5) years, OR
- Possess a California Community College LIFE credential in Nursing OR the minimum qualifications as set by the Board of Registered Nursing, whichever is higher, OR
- The equivalent (applicants who do not meet the above minimum qualifications must complete the Equivalencies Section in the application form and provide conclusive evidence of such)
- Meet the California Board of Registered Nursing approval requirements for medical-surgical nursing and/or geriatric or willingness to remediate in order to meet the California Board of Registered Nursing approval requirements.
- Experience in teaching students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and widely varying levels of proficiency preferred.
- A working knowledge of and experience with student learning outcomes and assessment.
- Completion of at least one (1) year of experience teaching courses/clinical rotations in pre-licensure nursing within the last five (5) years or a course which includes practice in teaching nursing.
The Rancho Santiago Community College District (RSCCD) is an equal employment opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), marital status, citizenship, or service in the uniformed services, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
In addition to the requirements and responsibilities listed, the following criteria will be considered in selecting candidates for interviews:
- Educational experience – breadth and depth
- Work experience – breadth and depth
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Curriculum development
- Program development
- Community involvement
- Demonstrated experience in working with a diverse socioeconomic community
- Credentials or minimum qualifications authorizing service in other areas of need
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
- Bilingual ability (if needed)
Based upon the information presented on the application materials, a limited number of candidates with qualifications most pertinent to the position will be invited to participate in the selection process, which may include a written test and an oral interview.
Meeting the minimum requirements of the position does not guarantee advancement in the selection process. Candidate qualifications will be assessed to determine those who meet and exceed requirements and are deemed most competitive amongst the applicant pool to proceed.
Applicants selected for an interview may be required to take additional tests or assessments and will be notified of such prior to the date of the interview. During the oral session, those selected for interviews, in addition to the above, may be evaluated on the following factors:
- Oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Successful teaching, problem solving or performance demonstration
- Writing skills/demonstration
A predetermined set of questions will be asked of all applicants interviewed. Applicants are requested to provide thorough yet concise information on their related experience to ensure the correct evaluation of their qualifications. Evaluation criteria will be applied consistently to all applicants. The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Recruitment in the Human Resources Office for assistance. Travel reimbursement is available to those meeting the established district criteria.
All applicants are required to submit a completed Rancho Santiago Community College District online application. Human Resources will review all applications for completeness, and only complete application packets will be forwarded to the screening committee for further review.
A Complete Application Packet Must Include the Following:
- RSCCD Online Application
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) or Resume – details all relevant education, training, and teaching experience (including courses taught), and other work experience
- Undergraduate and graduate academic transcripts (unofficial copies are accepted)
Foreign Transcripts: Education completed outside of the United States must be deemed equivalent to that gained in the conventional/accredited United States education programs to be considered for the satisfaction of minimum qualifications. Foreign transcripts must be translated and evaluated by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), a United States based credentials evaluation service.
Conditions of Employment
Selected candidate(s) is required to complete the following prior to employment as part of the onboarding process:
- Submit official transcripts
- Present original documents for proof of eligibility to work in the United States (by in-person appointment in Human Resources)
- Provide a certificate of Tuberculosis Exam
- Fingerprints (by a Live Scan Agency at the candidate’s expense and clearance must be received prior to first day of employment)
- Provide a valid COVID-19 Vaccination Card