Urban Designer / Urban Planner
Who We Are:
Populous has designed and delivered some of the world’s most memorable civic, sports and entertainment buildings, from iconic stadia to ground-breaking live music venues. Populous is where architects and designers of all kinds create moments bigger than ourselves. We’re a global specialized design firm with local roots in 10 cities across Americas. Populous offers the best of both worlds: the resources and impact of the design giants and the tightly knit atmosphere and growth opportunities of smaller firms.
What We Offer:
Professional Development & Training Programs + Summer Hours + Flexible Schedule / Hybrid Schedule + Paid Architect Licensure & Certifications Exams + Wedding Pay + Freaky Fridays + Charitable Match Program + Market Leading Wellness Health and Welfare Benefits.
Who We Are Looking For:
The preferred candidate will have an interest in working in a dynamic and collaborative global design environment with a diverse range of public assembly projects, including the design of sports venues, convention centers, community buildings, transportation facilities, and mixed-use entertainment districts.
We are seeking passionate, creative, engaged, and technically proficient Urban Planner/Designer to join us in a dynamic and collaborative design atmosphere. Applicants must possess exceptional design and technical abilities.
What Your Day Could Consist Of:
- Work as part of a collaborative, interdisciplinary team on all facets of projects, frequently involving sports/entertainment venues and integrated mixed-use development districts.
- Specific tasks will include preparing for and attending key client interviews, focus groups, and presentations as well as developing graphics and written content for a wide variety of design documents and publications.
- All other duties and responsibilities as required.
Requirements For Success:
- Highly developed technical, analytical, design, graphics, and visualization skills related to urban planning and design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Specific understanding of place-making and community-based design, including development of complex urban design, built form and public realm plans, policies, guidelines.
- Proficiency in industry standard 2D/3D software, including Revit, Rhino, Grasshopper, Sketch-Up, ArcGIS, PowerBi, Microsoft Office and all Adobe suite programs.
- Proficiency in computational design modeling and creating computational solutions to complex architecture and urban planning/design via visual programming.
- Working knowledge of Python, and Ruby, would be considered an asset.
- Ability to verbally present design products and project descriptions in public-speaking settings.
- Ability to prioritize and concurrently service multiple projects.
- Maintain effective communication with project team members.
- Interacts well with other disciplines and clients in a manner that builds productive relationships.
- A passion for design and placemaking.
- Master’s degree in urban planning and/or urban design with a bachelor’s degree in architecture or landscape architecture.
- 3-10 years of experience in urban design.
- Professional registration is preferred but not required.
- Travel may be required.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
- The projected salary range for this opportunity is $90,000 – $120,000 annually, and may be more or less depending on skills, experience and education.
Populous offers a competitive salary and bonus packages. We strive to offer our staff the best benefits package in the industry, at the lowest cost to employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k, flexible spending accounts, paid time off and continuing education benefits. Populous is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
No. 1 Most Innovative Company in Architecture by Fast Company
One of the 50 most innovative companies in the world for 2022 by Fast Company
No. 1 Firm in Cultural on Interior Design magazine’s Top 100 Giants
No. 1 Architecture Firm in Cultural Facilities by BD+C
No. 1 Architecture Firm in Convention Centers by BD+C
No. 1 Architecture Firm in Performing Arts and Concert Venues by BD+C
Find us here – https://populous.com/careers