Timeframe to Apply: Continuous
Title: Investment Analyst (multiple positions)
NYSIF Investment Department
Salary: M-4 ($112,155 to $141,538) plus Generous Fringe Benefits
In February 2022, the New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) was listed as the 37th Best Midsize Employer in America by Forbes. NYSIF is hiring Investment Analysts to assist with all aspects of NYSIF’s Investment operations including the four (4) core investment areas: Risk Analysis; Trading; Portfolio Management; and Credit Analysis. These positions will report to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and/or designated Investment management staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting with quantitative, qualitative, and administrative aspects of managing NYSIF’s portfolios.
• Collaborating with Investment Department colleagues on daily activities and special projects.
• Assisting with the development of regular and ad-hoc reporting for senior management and staff.
• Interfacing with other internal NYSIF Departments, including administration, finance, compliance, and cash management.
• Performing analysis on Bloomberg and other market related systems.
• Other related duties and responsibilities as necessary and assigned.
• Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree from an accredited College or University, with a preferred focus on economics, finance, accounting, or related field.
• Minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of investment experience.
• Experience with customer service and project delivery.
• Superior organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Strong ability for effective time management and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer proficiency (MS Office) and adeptness to learning new software.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Competitive Compensation
• Future Career Growth Potential
• Open and Supportive Team-Based Environment
• Vacation, Personal, and Sick Leave Accruals
• Paid State and Federal Holidays
• Full Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Retirement Options
• Possibility of Telecommuting, Flextime, and Alternative Work Schedules
Primary Location: NYC
Schedule: 9 AM to 5 PM
To Apply: Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following New York State Civil Service employment information:
• Jurisdictional classification: Exempt
• Bargaining unit: Managerial/Confidential (M/C)
• Civil Service title: Special Investment Officer
The New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) was established in 1914 as part of the original enactment of the New York State Workers’ Compensation Law. NYSIF’s mission is to guarantee the availability of workers’ compensation insurance at the lowest possible cost to New York employers and to provide timely, appropriate indemnity and medical payments to injured workers, while maintaining a solvent fund. Since inception, NYSIF has fulfilled the dual roles for which it was created: to compete with other carriers to ensure a fair marketplace and to be a guaranteed source of coverage for employers who cannot secure coverage elsewhere.
NYSIF is the largest workers’ compensation carrier in New York State and among the top 10 largest workers’ compensation carriers in the nation, insuring approximately 139,000 policyholders, with more than $1.8 billion in annual earned premium and over $22 billion in assets. A self-supporting insurance carrier, NYSIF operates without taxpayer funding.
In addition to workers’ compensation insurance, NYSIF provides disability benefits coverage for off-the-job injuries to more than 56,000 New York employers. In 2018, NYSIF added paid family leave as a component of its disability benefits product, providing New Yorkers with job-protected, paid time away from work to care for their families.