JOB DESCRIPTION FOR LIFESPAN
LifeSpan Vision Ventures LLC (LifeSpan) is a biotech focused venture capital firm based in Norwalk, Connecticut. We partner with leading scientists, academics, and entrepreneurs in the Boston area, as well as others, to empower breakthrough science and technology that transforms society.
LIFESPAN has strong ties with faculty members at Harvard. Our managing partner is a Harvard alumnus and also studied at MIT as a cross enrolled undergraduate student. We collaborate with university faculty, scientists and entrepreneurs to fund early-stage companies with innovative translational research that is poised to be the foundation of new ventures and scientific breakthrough.
Since its inception LIFESPAN has invested in a number of venture deals in new drugs, gene therapy and platform biotechnologies.
LIFESPAN is seeking a full time, as well as a part time, venture capital investment professionals to join our team. The position can ideally be located in Cambridge MA or Norwalk, CT, although other locations are acceptable. Key aspects of the role include:
- Origination & Sourcing: Assisting partners in deals sourcing and developing sector expertise.
- Diligence: Advanced knowledge/capabilities in life science research; knowledge and strong interest in early-stage venture investment, intellectual properties, company analyses and financial modeling
- Deal Process Management: Demonstrating intermediate level of leadership, contributing to negotiation of deal terms, exercising sound business judgment.
- Supporting Portfolio Companies Management
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in life science or finance from a top tier academic institution.
- PhD degree in life science or MD degree is strongly preferred. Business degree is a plus.
- Experience in Biotech / Banking / Consulting / Investment is a plus
- Familiarity and deep curiosity with the pharmaceutical and biotech industry
- Demonstrated leadership; track record of building and leveraging networks.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter with strong interpersonal and analytical skills, high ethical standards. Strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Flexible and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Please indicate if you would require US employment sponsorship (Visa or CPT) from Kendall Capital Partners.
Please indicate any other language(s) that you speak as we work with co-investment firms globally.
LIFESPAN is also open to a project-based internship to ensure fit for the successful candidate.
To Apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
and mention “venture investment position” in your email subject.