The Corporate Strategy & Research (CS&R) group is an award-winning ~40-person enterprise strategy and internal strategy consulting team within Liberty Mutual Insurance, a Fortune 100 company with 50,000 employees in 29 countries around the world. The group serves as trusted strategic advisers to the CEO and Executive Leadership Team and drives transformational change by taking an enterprise-wide, customer-centric perspective.
Established in 1972, CS&R has an outstanding track record of developing future leaders and serving as a top talent feeder to the organization by creating an environment that fosters intellectual curiosity, professional development, and personal fulfillment. Alumni of the group include our incoming CEO, President of Distribution, Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Marketing Officer, and Senior Vice President of Product.
This is a great opportunity for an energetic individual to join a vibrant, high performance and tight-knit team environment that will be front and center in driving change across the enterprise.
We’re in search of intellectually curious, creative, driven individuals who have a strong desire to expand their management consulting toolkit as part of an energetic and high-impact team.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll oversee a workstream within a tight-knit consulting team led by a Managing Director that will collectively advise Liberty Mutual’s senior executives in making key strategic decisions. Projects are typically in the areas of strategy development, growth strategy, organizational design & operating model, innovation, or business transformation, and typically run for 2-5 months.
You’ll develop key relationships with leaders and executives across the organization and communicate with senior leadership to influence and galvanize the organization into action.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Deciphering strategic issues faced by the client and the role of your team in addressing those issues
- Designing work plans for your workstream, and collecting data from various internal and external sources (e.g., executive interviews and workshops, customer surveys)
- Crafting compelling storylines that clearly articulate findings, insights, and recommendations
- Building and owning relationships with key client stakeholders
- Directing team and client stakeholders towards consensus points and gaining buy-in
- Communicating with senior leadership to influence and drive the organization to action
- Supporting the development and coaching of Associate Consultants and Senior Associate Consultants
- Contributing to CS&R initiatives such as recruiting, talent development, culture building and engagement, or alumni engagement