Please only apply to one job posting. We recommend you apply for the position/office you are most interested in. Upon review of your application, if your skill sets are better suited for another position, we will reach out and let you know. If you are interested in multiple offices, you will have the opportunity to indicate that below in the application questions.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) builds custom, high performance hardware in FPGA and ASIC technologies to support our global trading infrastructure. Design Engineers craft sophisticated digital logic solutions with nanosecond precision. We use various electronic design automation (EDA) tools (open source included!) for our development. You’ll be part of a team pushing boundaries in low-level computer architecture, bespoke networking, and the interface between hardware and software.
HRT’s hardware-based trading system is on the Pareto frontier of latency and intelligence. In this role, you’ll identify efficient ways to perform on-the-fly transformations of market data and implement mathematical models. You will build a deep knowledge of SystemVerilog, computer architecture, and networking hardware and protocols (down to the physical layer). The position offers a variety of learning opportunities and the chance to make a tangible impact in an extremely fast-paced, real-time environment.
- You are a full-time undergraduate student studying Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field who is eligible for full-time roles in 2024
- Excellent digital logic design, optimization, and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in SystemVerilog
- Familiarity with C++ and/or Python
- Understanding of FPGA and/or ASIC design flows and tools
- Knowledge of computer architecture and network communication protocols
- Previous work experience (academic/internship) in digital logic design
- In your spare time you: code, tinker, read, explore, break things, and have an insatiable curiosity for all things hardware-related
- You are capable of working independently as well as part of a team
- You can describe hardware designs at a high level (the interface), low level (step-by-step algorithm/circuit), or anywhere in between
- You can analyze and fix problems quickly
- You really like to work with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
Annual base salary range of $175,000 to $250,000. Pay (base and bonus) may vary depending on job-related skills and experience. A sign-on and discretionary performance bonus will be provided as part of the total compensation package, in addition to company-paid medical and/or other benefits.
Hudson River Trading (HRT) brings a scientific approach to trading financial products. We have built one of the world’s most sophisticated computing environments for research and development. Our researchers are at the forefront of innovation in the world of algorithmic trading.
At HRT we welcome a variety of expertise: mathematics and computer science, physics and engineering, media and tech. We’re a community of self-starters who are motivated by the excitement of being at the cutting edge of automation in every part of our organization—from trading, to business operations, to recruiting and beyond. We value openness and transparency, and celebrate great ideas from HRT veterans and new hires alike. At HRT we’re friends and colleagues – whether we are sharing a meal, playing the latest board game, or writing elegant code. We embrace a culture of togetherness that extends far beyond the walls of our office.
Feel like you belong at HRT? Our goal is to find the best people and bring them together to do great work in a place where everyone is valued. HRT is proud of our diverse staff; we have offices all over the globe and benefit from our varied and unique perspectives. HRT is an equal opportunity employer; so whoever you are we’d love to get to know you.