Headspace Health is a leading provider of mental health and wellbeing solutions. This includes the flagship mindfulness and meditation app Headspace as well as the enterprise brands Headspace for Work and Ginger, the latter of which offers coaching, therapy, and psychiatry services. At Headspace Health behavioral science sits at the core of everything we do and of how we empower our members toward building life-changing habits that support their mental health and wellness.
We are looking for a Behavioral Science Practicum student to join our dynamic Clinical Product and Content Development team, and to help scale behavioral mental health and wellbeing interventions. As a Psychology and Behavioral Science Practicum student, your work will have a direct impact on the health and happiness of millions of people around the world. You will work closely with the Principal Behavioral Scientist and have the opportunity to set up your own project.
- Translate evidence-based interventions into innovations that influence members’ choices
- Come up with new ideas on how to help our members build habits
- Analyze latest gamification research and turn it into actionable insights and testable experiments
- Lead a project from conception through execution
- Currently enrolled in a practicum or capstone course as part of a MA, MS, MSW, or PhD program in psychology, behavioral and decision sciences, social sciences, or related fields
- Knowledge of theories and principles of behavior change is a plus
- Experience with behavioral design principles is a plus
- Applied Experience: You’ll learn how to design and build a product that can improve the mental health and wellbeing of its users based on the application of psychological theory and behavioral design principles
- Training and Development: You’ll have the opportunity to work on real-life projects and train for a career in Healthtech
- Impact: Your work will have a direct, measurable impact on the lives of real people, making them healthier and happier
- Connection: You’ll have the opportunity to meet with and learn from innovative stakeholders and leaders across the organization
- Fun: You’ll gain a unique experience in an exciting and innovative working environment