2022-2023 Harvard Art Museums Student Board Application
6–9 hours/month during the academic year
Open to all Harvard first-years, sophomores, and juniors.
We are not currently accepting seniors.
No art history experience required; all concentrations are welcome and encouraged to apply
Please note this is an unpaid opportunity.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Final application deadline: 11:59 pm on Sunday, September 11, 2022
Note: Please read the position descriptions carefully for the Student Board (SEO Job ID 164360) and the Student Guide program and apply to the one program that best suits your skills and interests.
The Harvard Art Museums are accepting applications from Harvard first-years, sophomores, and juniors to join the Harvard Art Museums Student Board for the 2022-2023 academic year. Supported by the Manager of Campus Partnerships, the Student Board develops and implements self-directed projects and programs including the inaugural Student Board Public Lecture and the Museum Student Conference that highlight our collections, diverse perspectives, and encourage campus engagement. The Student Board will have the opportunity to go behind the scenes at a leading university art museum, advise museum staff at all levels, and think critically about pressing issues facing museums today. Accepted members will have the opportunity to run for officer positions including President, Vice President, Secretary, Events Chair, Communications Chair, and Conference Chair.
Student Board Responsibilities
– Actively participate in mandatory orientation session and bi-monthly board meetings (time to be determined). Small working groups of 3-4 members meet independently in addition to this meeting time. Meetings are suspended during reading and finals periods.
– Meaningfully contribute to project and program planning and attend Student Board hosted events
– Respond in a timely manner to communications from Student Board officers and museum staff
– Serve as peer-to-peer ambassadors promoting Harvard Art Museums’ resources, events, and programs to the student community
– Advise on aspects of student life at Harvard and share their perspective as students