ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Girls Who Invest (GWI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to transforming the investment management industry by attracting and advancing women investors, changemakers, and leaders. They are changing the face of investing through education, mentoring, internships, and a supportive, motivated community and have reached a community of nearly 2,000 alumni in just seven years.
GWI enables college students to explore investment management careers through its two tuition-free educational programs. The Summer Intensive Program combines in-residence academic training led by top university professors with a guaranteed paid internship at one of more than 100 leading investment management firms. The Online Intensive Program is self-directed and asynchronous, allowing independent learners the opportunity to master finance and investing fundamentals at their own pace from renowned training organizations.
The GWI Career Institute focuses on the long-term professional development, retention, and advancement of our alumni in investment management. GWI provides career advisory services, community building, and connections for our alumni at all stages in their careers.
Girls Who Invest’s vision is for 30% of the world’s investable capital to be managed by women by 2030.
For more information, visit www.girlswhoinvest.org.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
The Partner Engagement Manager works directly with the Head of Partnerships and extended Partnerships, Career Development, and Programs Teams to manage and support the growing community of Girls Who Invest partners, primarily investment management firms. This position plays a central role in coordinating programmatic engagement opportunities for GWI. Responsibilities lead on all aspects of partner engagement including: idea generation, event planning and management, partner communications, and featuring partners through different GWI channels (identifying and working with GWI’s Director of Communications).
Candidates should have direct experience in client facing roles and relationship management, in addition to an interest in financial services. Requirements also include being entrepreneurial, highly organized and self-motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Would prefer an applicant with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Manage the direct engagement of investment management program partners in the full range of GWI’s offerings, from internship through to alum programming
- Lead and manage partner-related event curation and management, including planning and logistics (for example: community events, fundraising events and a future gala)
- In partnership with Director of Development, develop GWI’s annual Fundraising Plan
- Identify and implement strategies and opportunities to cultivate and strengthen GWI’s relationships with partners through programmatic engagement and marketing opportunities
- Identify and execute communications/promotional/branding opportunities with partners, in conjunction with our external communications partners and GWI’s Director of Communications and Marketing
Business Development & Operations
- Support Identify and onboarding of new partners through leads tracking and relationship lifecycle management
- Support the annual partner renewal process by coordinating feedback communications, scheduling calls, and managing follow-ups including renewal paperwork and invoicing with finance team
- Develop systems to streamline and track partner processes, including annual sponsorship renewals, financial tracking, onboarding and overall data collection in Salesforce and Excel
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS :
- Enthusiastic self-starter with a proactive attitude
- Highly responsive to partner and internal requests
- High energy and passion for GWI’s mission is essential as is interest in the financial services industry and relationship management and/or donor engagement experience
- An independent self-starter who also thrives in executing strategies collaboratively to maximize efficiency and effectiveness
- Strong relationship builder with experience partnering and communicating across teams and to and for leadership
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to think commercially and strategically within a non-profit and mission-oriented context
- Strong project management and problem-solving skills and able to manage multiple priorities and demands with short lead-times in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and task oriented; ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Technology Experience:
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SalesForce or similar CRM technology preferred
- Experience with event management software is a plus
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred.
GIRLS WHO INVEST’S VALUES:
Equity is the core value driving Girls Who Invest — it is the foundation of everything they do. GWI believes in:
- Diversifying investment teams to drive better outcomes and create meaningful impact
- Welcoming those who self-identify as women and gender non-binary
- Advocating fiercely for communities that have historically faced barriers to entry and advancement
- Utilizing ongoing education as a resource to help women thrive in an evolving investment landscape
- Accelerating careers through the power of community connection
- Shaping the investment management industry to look more like the world around it
- Ensuring all who interact with GWI: scholars, alumni, board members, and staff encounter an inclusive, respectful environment that welcomes each other’s unique skills and perspectives
LOCATION AND TRAVEL: This role is based in New York, NY and would be in the office at least 3 days per week as part of a hybrid office model. Travel required including during GWI’s summer program.
COMPENSATION: Current compensation range expected: $120 -$135k per year. The starting pay will depend on a variety of factors that may include but are not limited to experience, education, training, and certification. GWI offers a strong and competitive benefits package.
TO APPLY: Send a Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include Partner Engagement Manager in the subject line.
Girls Who Invest provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.