Research Technician – Chowdhury Lab
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
The Dipanjan Chowdhury Lab investigates how human cells sense and repair DNA damage. Loss of genome integrity due to DNA damage has long been established as a critical contributor to cancer and tumorigenesis. Our work therefore focuses on how cells maintain genome integrity. Through genetic, biochemical, and proteomic approaches, as well as collaboration with structural biologists, computational biologists and mouse geneticists, we aim to achieve better understanding in cancer etiology and the development of effective cancer diagnoses and therapies.Whether it is searching for potential treatments to radiation exposure, or the causes and treatment of ovarian cancer, we strive for research that makes a positive impact. Visit: https://chowdhurylab.dana-farber.org/
• Develop in-depth understanding of cancer biology with a focus on molecular mechanisms of genome stability.
• Learn, and set up molecular and cell biological techniques and generate experimental data from patient derived cancer cells and from animal models.
• Analyze experimental data and interpret results to write reports and summaries of findings, including grant preparation and presentations, and look for opportunities to co-author publications. May be expected to participate in formal and information presentations of results to staff.
• Clean, maintain and prepare supplies and work areas and may be responsible for ordering of supplies. in grant application process and manuscript preparation as required.
• Maintains detailed notebook of all work-related activities.
• Monitors laboratory work to ensure compliance with Environmental Health and Safety information as well as the standard operation procedures specific to each laboratory.
• Expected to provide intellectual and interactive commitment to position by keeping up with appropriate literature and research publications.
• May be responsible for the development, modification, and improvement of standard operating procedures.
• Uses computers, computer-interfaced equipment, robotics, or high-technology applications to perform work duties.
• May be responsible for designing and executing advanced experiments and setting strategy.
• May be responsible for the examination of animals and specimens to detect the presence of disease or other problems.
• Bachelor’s Degree required with a major in biology or chemistry preferred.
• Knowledge of information and techniques related to either biology, chemistry, or medicine is preferred.
• Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and be able to work with a wide variety of faculty and staff.
• Ability to analyze information and use logic to address work-related issues and problems.
• Must have attention to detail and be thorough in completing work tasks.
• Ability to work within a team environment.
To learn more and to apply, please visit: https://careers.dana-farber.org/research_technician_chowdhury_lab_
About Dana-Farber Cancer Institute:
At Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, we work every day to create an innovative, caring, and inclusive environment where every patient, family, and staff member feels they belong. As relentless as we are in our mission to reduce the burden of cancer for all, we are equally committed to diversifying our faculty and staff. Cancer knows no boundaries and when it comes to hiring the most dedicated and diverse professionals, neither do we. If working in this kind of organization inspires you, we encourage you to apply.
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is a leader in life changing breakthroughs in cancer research and patient care. We are united in our mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. We strive to create an inclusive, diverse, and equitable environment where we provide compassionate ad comprehensive care to patients of all backgrounds, and design programs to promote public health particularly among high-risk and underserved populations. We conduct groundbreaking research that advances treatment, we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers, and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.