As an Analyst you will work closely with Dr. Putnam and our economics team to support the production of expert witness reports, performing complex data analytics and econometric analysis, creating exhibits which explain the results of analysis, and reviewing and summarizing documents related to legal cases.
We look for curious, rigorous, humorous, intellectually diverse problem-solvers. The character qualities we seek and cultivate include: integrity, perseverance, fearlessness, humility, empathy, imagination, and the love of the truth.
Among the competencies and personality traits we value most highly are:
- an inquisitive nature
- clear thinking and clear writing
- strong data handling and analytical skills
- efficient communication
- plain and persuasive speech
The ideal candidate will be able to successfully manage multiple assignments and will thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented yet thoughtful environment that is customer-focused. He/she will be a strong problem solver and will work well independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Job functions include, but are not limited to:
- collecting and summarizing data
- conducting economic analysis in STATA/SAS
- summarizing information from depositions, trial testimony, and other documents
- conducting research using third party vendors and the internet
- assisting in preparation of reports for deposition and trial
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- You have up to two years of work experience, with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in economics. Candidates with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance or Mathematics will also be considered if coursework in microeconomics and econometrics has been successfully completed.
- You are proficient in Excel; knowledge of SAS or Stata is desirable.
- Your English communication skills are excellent in both verbal and written form.
- You have the ability to work both independently and as part of a small team.
- You are a proactive self – starter, able to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- You thrive in a challenging work environment and perform well in high stress situations.
- You have the availability to work long hours, evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Prior research experience, such as a thesis, is desirable.