The Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission (MRC) is seeking a dynamic applicant to collaborate with MRC’s Analytics and Quality Assurance (AQA) department including, but not limited to, determining the methods and procedures to be used in collecting data; analyzing information to draw conclusions and make recommendations; preparing reports; and collecting/comparing information from various reference sources by consulting experts. The basic purpose of this work is to perform research and data analytics to analyze trends and patterns to make forecasting projections.
You will provide support to the AQA Department in the development and support of federal, private projects, performance management and strategic planning agency initiatives, the submission of State and Federal outcome quality assurance management compliance reports and research studies and provides customer service to our stakeholders. Quality and strategic research and planning models are now needed to support research, planning, project management and performance management activities to ensure the most effective and quality services are developed and provided to MRC consumers through MRC research, planning, development, and quality assurance activities.
The MRC is a learning and participatory performance culture with an emphasis on high performance teams, individual performance/contribution/impact, and engaging in activities to promote and support a program/division/agency (e.g., committee membership, Roadmap workgroup membership, presenting at Town Halls). In addition, MRC is an agency committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and racial equity, as well as innovation, transformation, and change, and creating a culture of agility, excellence, and belonging.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all-inclusive):
- Researches, develops, and reports agency measures outlined in the MRC performance matrix, including data from the warehouse, Benchmark Report, Qualtrics, Tableau and from various department managers; Prepares monthly reports and dashboards.
- Supervises interns and vendors by assigning work, establishing performance goals, monitoring performance, and providing supervisory support; Provides on-the-job training.
- Confers with leadership and management at MRC to determine work requirements, availability of resources and to develop criteria and standard.
- Develops relationships with a variety of stakeholders including MRC leadership, staff, local, state, and federal agency staff and experts in various fields of knowledge to ensure quality customer service and key performance outcomes.
- Supports the AQA Department in the development and support of federal, private projects, performance management and strategic planning agency initiatives, the submission of State and Federal outcome quality assurance management compliance reports & research studies.
- Designs and submission of complex statutory statistical evaluation, research studies and management reports to ensure regulatory compliance with Federal and State authorities.
- Assists in the design and implementation of quantitative and qualitative research, outcome management, vocational rehabilitation, and evaluation studies to support these statutory reporting requirements.
- Manages information posted to the Internet and internal communications by the AQA Department and works with the Communications Department to ensure compliance.
- Participates in AQA Department posting of positions in accordance with state and union procedures, serving on interview committees, hiring process.
- Respond to all requests for information and shares resources with MRC staff as they are identified.
- Distributes management and research reports by AQA Department via the Internet/Intranet media.
The Commonwealth of MA Benefits: Along with a competitive salary, you will be eligible for all State benefits which include:
- 75% state paid medical insurance premium
- Retirement Savings: State Employees’ Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- Reasonable Dental and Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
Tuition Benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
- Short-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
- Incentive-based Wellness Programs
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
- Employer Referral Bonus Program of $2500
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Executive Order #595: As a condition of employment, successful applicants will be required to have received COVID-19 vaccination or an approved exemption as of their start date. Details relating to demonstrating compliance with this requirement will be provided to applicants selected for employment. Applicants who receive an offer of employment who can provide documentation that the vaccine is medically contraindicated or who object to vaccination due to a sincerely held religious belief may make a request for exemption.
About the Massachusetts Rehabilitation Commission: MRC provides services that break down barriers and empower people with disabilities to live life on their own terms. Our programs focus on vocational rehabilitation, community living, and disability determination for federal benefit programs. We are change agents and community builders. And we put the people we serve at the heart of everything we do. We envision a Commonwealth that is open to all, where everyone can seize their true potential and contribute fully to our communities and the world. Together with stakeholders, partners, and allies, MRC collaborates, problem solves, and innovates to bring about a better Massachusetts for everyone—one that is truly equitable, accessible, and inclusive.
For more information about our agency and programs visit: www.mass.gov/mrc
A criminal background check will be completed on the recommended candidate as required by the regulations set forth by the Executive Office of Health and Human
Information provided as part of the hiring process is subject to the Massachusetts Public Record Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
Education, licensure, and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines.
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Records Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. The Commonwealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. Research suggests that qualified women, Black, Indigenous, and Persons of Color (BIPOC) may self-select out of opportunities if they don’t meet 100% of the job requirements. We encourage individuals who believe they have the skills necessary to thrive to apply for this role.