Analyst Rotation Program:
Our Analyst Rotation Program (ARP) serves as the gateway to the CarMax Analyst Community and provides experience in a variety of roles giving ample opportunity to develop skills in analytics, strategy, communication & influence. Business Analysts in ARP get firsthand experience solving unique and complex problems and significantly contribute to company performance right from the start.
- ARP is a 2-year program, providing three 8-month rotations with teams across the CarMax analyst community
- Analysts in ARP start together as a cohort and share experiences through the duration of the program
- The program seeks to maximize professional development and career growth providing diverse experiences, interactions with leaders across the org, formal training & teambuilding
- Analysts in ARP have input to roles they will take while in the program and upon graduation
Our analysts tackle real-time business problems, embodying CarMax’s 4 core values as they develop innovative solutions
- Do the Right Thing: We prioritize maintaining the culture of integrity which has set CarMax apart in the used car industry, and promote a respectful and inclusive environment at work
- Put People First: We’re focused on nurturing associate development and on maintaining a healthy work culture, while also making sure our customers are offered a great experience
- Win Together: Teamwork is essential to what we do; we regularly learn from each other and draw on each other’s expertise and diverse perspectives
- Go for Greatness: We continually improve our abilities and the products we partner to build, reinforcing CarMax’s position as an industry leader
Business analysts are the analytical authorities at CarMax leveraging their expertise to drive tangible results and guide strategic decision-making.
This role enables you to apply your analytical skillset to CarMax’s proprietary, industry-leading data and unique business problems. You will gain a qualitative and quantitative understanding of CarMax’s business so that you can help design and optimize strategies at the heart of our business & contribute significantly to our success as we continue to disrupt our industry.
Collaborate & Influence
In ARP, you will work closely with leadership in operations, product, marketing, technology, and other business areas to influence what we do & how we do it. Business Analysts are critical team members in major company initiatives, developing insights that drive our decision making. You will use your presentation and communication skills to demonstrate the value of your analysis to relevant business partners. Output from your work will be leveraged by our teams to improve and innovate.
Learn & Grow
Rotations enable analysts to learn from real-world experience with a variety of business problems – developing a broad understanding of our business and a diverse network along the way. Formal training ensures analysts have the tools to be successful & a strong understanding of our business. Throughout the program, analysts develop strong technical skills (e.g. coding, analytic methods) & soft skills (communication & storytelling).
Contribute to our Diverse Community
We are proud of our community of more than 200 full-time analysts & 50 interns, from various backgrounds and experiences (including former CarMax interns!). Develop friendships & professional relationships that will enrich your experience at CarMax and contribute to your success going forward.
What You Need to Succeed:
- Passion for problem-solving and desire to develop into a strong business leader
- Practical experience in/outside of work (coursework/projects, research, internships, etc)
- Curiosity & the ability to apply critical thinking skills in a variety of scenarios
- Proactivity (the ability to self-start) and a commitment to delivering results
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Dedication to continuous improvement and innovation
- Passion for growth, development, and learning new things
- Prior experience in SQL nice to have but not required
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Associates will have the opportunity to work from our Corporate Headquarters & Technology Innovation Center, both located in Richmond VA.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent, and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 240 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 30,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
CarMax is committed to bringing together people from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work environment.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristics protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
To be considered for this role, you should submit a resume through your school career site, and formally apply at https://app.ripplematch.com/t/8b4037d2