This is a general job posting and not tied to a specific current open position. Please make sure you create a search agent at careers.arcadis.com to be alerted of specific opportunities of interest. Candidates who submit their resume to this posting may be considered for all future openings as they arise.
Arcadis is the world’s leading company delivering sustainable design, engineering, and consultancy solutions for natural and built assets.
We are more than 36,000 people, in over 70 countries, dedicated to improving quality of life. Everyone has an important role to play. With the power of many curious minds, together we can solve the world’s most complex challenges and deliver more impact together.
Note: See below regarding the nature of this position being a prospecting position.
Arcadis is seeking entry level Water Engineers for our offices nationwide. Arcadis provides multiple onboarding and development programs created for our young professionals that support professional growth and help drive creativeness, innovation, and greater integration within our local, national and global teams.
What you will do:
- Evaluate, plan, design and support management of projects for water/wastewater/stormwater treatment and conveyance (pipelines and pumping facilities).
- Assess, develop, and support the management of sustainability and resilience projects including vulnerability and mitigation assessments, and planning and design for utilities, municipalities, and cities.
- Perform fieldwork activities such as site visits, sampling, water quality analyses, technology evaluations, and plant operations information, process troubleshooting, and optimization.
- Support Asset Management projects performing data analytics, operational and organizational assessments, condition assessments, and overall performance evaluations of water/wastewater/stormwater facilities.
- Support preparation of reports, presentations, and other audio-visual materials, and participate in client meetings.
- Ensure project compliance with all Arcadis practices and quality, health and safety standards, and facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects on time and budget.
- Learn, design, and manage databases, SQL server (including reporting and integration services), cloud-based computing services, and configuration of interactive dashboards.
- Work independently and as part of a team, with the flexibility to accommodate collaboration with team members across the U.S. and internationally.
- Learn and use digital tools to enhance customer experience, team and client collaboration, and project delivery including configuration and deployment of SharePoint, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Power BI, and Augmented Reality.
What skills do you need?
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and work ethic
- The initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, team-oriented and flexible, with the ability to balance and address new challenges as they arise
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of engineering concepts, theories, and practices related to water/wastewater/stormwater.
- Familiarity/ experience with AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BS in Civil, Environmental, or Water Resources Engineering, or another closely related academic discipline.
- Prior internship or coursework in water/wastewater, water resources, or related sectors.
- EIT certification.
We can only achieve our goals when everyone is empowered to be their best. We believe everyone’s contribution matters. It’s why we are pioneering a skills-based approach, where you can harness your unique experience and expertise to carve your career path and maximize the impact we can make together.
You’ll do meaningful work, and no matter what role, you’ll be helping to deliver sustainable solutions for a more prosperous planet. Make your mark, on your career, your colleagues, your clients, your life and the world around you.
Together, we can create a lasting legacy.
Join Arcadis. Create a Legacy.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Arcadis offers benefits for full time and part time positions. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision, EAP, 401K, STD, LTD, AD&D, life insurance, paid parental leave, reward & recognition program and optional benefits including wellbeing benefits, adoption assistance and tuition reimbursement. We offer seven paid holidays and potentially up to two floating holidays per calendar year depending on start date, and 15 days PTO that accrue per year. The salary range for this position is $52000 – 89700 / year.