American Ag Energy is in the business of Controlled Environment Agriculture, Carbon Sequestration, and Biomass Energy. Currently, the company is building large greenhouses in New Hampshire and Rhode Island, where it will grow vegetables integrated with combined heat and power facilities and CO2 recapture. Additionally, the company is working with multiple companies abroad involved in carbon sequestration and biomass to energy operations.
This person will contribute to engineering and financial analysis across a variety of projects in American Ag Energy’s portfolio, including controlled environment agriculture, carbon sequestration, and biomass energy. This person will participate in all aspects of project management and will be able to become an accomplished project manager themselves. The job may involve permitting, site design, coordination with domestic and international subcontractors, energy modeling, investor relations, and contract due diligence. In addition, this role may involve work with our customers abroad in process engineering, site design, and financial modeling. As part of a fast-moving, small team, you will have the opportunity to influence the success and direction of multiple large-scale projects, both domestically and internationally, as well as to gain accelerated experience in a role with significant responsibility.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with initially ambiguous situations, working to resolve knowledge gaps as appropriate. In addition, this candidate should feel empowered to raise issues and make recommendations as appropriate with other employees and stakeholders as part of their work.
- Perform calculations and estimates of key engineering values and financial metrics for different projects and scenarios
- Propose and validate key engineering assumptions
- Manage logistics associated with projects
- Work with other technical specialists to solve technical problems and validate engineering work
- Analyze and compare proposals from vendors and consultants relating to permitting, construction, equipment, and other third-party goods and services
- Communicate with customers in regular meetings and emails to obtain information, share progress, and present project takeaways
- Make recommendations for internal actions and purchases in order to further project goals
- Manage and communicate with third party contractors and other contacts in field operations as required, both on site and virtually
- Assist in other operational duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. in a STEM discipline (experience not required). Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Civil Engineering degrees preferred.
- Ability to achieve technical and business deliverables as part of an established, fast-moving work schedule
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information to different stakeholders at appropriate levels of detail
- Ability to do own research on potential opportunities and technological developments as required
- Ability to supervise others to ensure project progress and completion
Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required for tasks including, but not limited to, vendor meetings and site work
American Ag Energy provides employees with a benefits package including healthcare and 4 weeks of PTO. Employees at American Ag Energy are given major responsibilities and are supported by experienced management. The company trains its senior employees in all aspects of business management and technology. Hands-on experience is given immediately.