As a Manufacturing Engineer at Alamance Foods Inc., your primary responsibility is to ensure the efficiency, safety, and quality of the manufacturing processes. You’ll be involved in the design, development, implementation, and improvement of manufacturing systems, equipment, and processes within the food and beverage production environment.
· Process Improvement: Continuously assess and enhance manufacturing processes to optimize productivity, reduce waste, and improve product quality.
· Equipment Optimization: Oversee the selection, installation, and maintenance of machinery and equipment to ensure they meet production goals and safety standards.
· Training and Development: Provide training to production and maintenance staff on new processes, equipment, and safety protocols.
· Continuous Improvement: Drive continuous improvement initiatives through the implementation of Lean, Six Sigma, or other methodologies to enhance efficiency and reduce waste.
· Troubleshooting: Investigate and resolve any production issues or technical challenges that arise during manufacturing processes.
· Documentation: Maintain accurate documentation of processes, equipment specifications, and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
· Quality Assurance: Develop and implement quality control procedures, including inspection protocols and testing methodologies to maintain high-quality standards.
· Cost Management: Identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising product quality, ensuring efficient use of resources.
· Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with industry regulations, food safety standards (FDA, HACCP, etc.), and environmental health and safety regulations.
· Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams including production, R&D, quality assurance, and supply chain to streamline operations and introduce new products.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, or related field).
· Experience in manufacturing engineering, preferably within the food and beverage industry.
· Strong understanding of food safety regulations and quality standards.
· Proficiency in CAD software and familiarity with manufacturing equipment.
· Analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
· Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma methodologies is beneficial.
· Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic production environment.
This role plays a crucial part in ensuring the smooth operation of a food and beverage manufacturing plant. It requires a blend of technical expertise, regulatory knowledge, and a proactive approach to process optimization and improvement.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000 – $75,000 per year
Eligible for Bonus
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off.
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 2nd or 3rd shift.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, NC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)