Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Abbott story is one of delivering bold solutions in the face of complex healthcare challenges. At Abbott Electrophysiology (EP), we’ve been a leader for over 20 years, pioneering one of the first mapping systems, introducing the first contact force ablation catheter and creating a portfolio of products trusted in millions of procedures around the world. We have, and will continue to redefine what’s possible in an evolving and challenging EP landscape.
When you join Abbott EP, you become part of a passionate group of individuals who are dedicated to driving the EP space forward and helping people live longer, fuller lives. We are committed to building a foundation for our people to be successful, investing in their development and growth, and creating a diverse, inclusive culture that welcomes different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
In this role, you will be a key supporting player in cardiac mapping procedures. You will assist in the day-to-day management of various clinically-related issues while working under direct supervision. You will provide educational and technical support in response to field inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients, and field sales staff. You will identifiy and routinely use the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluating their effectiveness and appropriateness. You will exercise judgment in planning, organizing and performing work. You will engage in activities and behaviors to become proficient in the servicing of accounts. As appropriate, you may assist marketing personnel in the support of advertising and promotional sales activities.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
· Provides technical assistance and support for procedures in which Electrophysiology (EP) products are used, including during, pre- and post-procedures.
· Provides regional EP support on an as-needed basis.
· Develops and executes trouble-shooting for highly complex medical devices.
· Assists in the support of complex cardiac mapping procedures
· Remains technically competent relative to best practices and the products offered in the marketplace.
· Develops, leads and/or facilitates trainings and other programs on Abbott products to healthcare professionals.
· Ensures that all pertinent patient information is completed and forwarded to patient tracking when required.
· Responsible for the management of any assigned physical inventory.
· Performs work that involves a high degree of independence.
· Identifies and implements the most efficient, cost-effective and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness.
· Identifies reports and advises of customer needs, product performance and potential sales opportunities to sales representatives / directors and/or management to influence sales growth and service of accounts.
· Participates in the creation and implementation of long- and short-term sales and business strategies.
· Support all Abbott initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
· Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Abbott policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned, which may include taking call on evenings and weekends for time-sensitive patient and customer needs.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 lbs., as needed.
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.