JANUARY IS “FLASH MENTORING” MONTH
Over 2,000 Harvard alumni representing a variety of fields and professions have signed up on the OCS Firsthand Advisers platform to connect with you. January is a great time to get advice on different career pathways, strengthen your informational interviewing skills, and expand your network.
What it is:
A platform that connects you with Harvard alumni from around the world for a:
- Career conversation,
- Resume review, or
- Mock interview.
What to do:
Search alumni profiles and sign up for informal conversations with alumni that interest you.
How to do it:
Go to the OCS Firsthand Advisers platform, click the “Get Advice” button, and set up a password. Then use the platform to search, message, and schedule a meeting time with an alum.
What to say:
Check out the OCS tips and questions to prepare and to get the most out of your “Flash Mentoring” discussion. Questions might include:
- What was your first job after you left Harvard?
- How did you spend your summers while you were an undergraduate?
- What skills did you learn at Harvard that have helped you throughout your career?
- What are your favorite parts of your job? What do you find most challenging?
- What changes have you seen in your industry given the COVID pandemic?
- Based on my skills, education, and experience, what other career paths do you suggest I explore?
- Who else would you recommend I speak with?
Explore options, get connected, and jump start your career during Flash Mentoring Month!