Some of the characteristics of a successful job search are very similar to launching a successful new business or venture. Both require taking initiative and being proactive, finding ways to stand out and differentiate yourself, and being resilient and adaptable if your first plan doesn’t come together. Your job search is a “contact sport” where making professional connections will help you through every step of the process.
Where to start:
- Set up a job search on Crimson Careers*.
- Perfect your resume and cover letter.
- Craft your LinkedIn Profile.
- Connect with alumni on MCS Firsthand Advisers*.
- Attend a career fair or employer networking event.
- Talk to an MCS advisor and create a plan!
*For current students and recent alumni of Harvard College, Harvard Griffin GSAS, and HES.
For international students, consider enhancing your search by using Interstride, which features webinars on visa insights and a job board that highlights H1-B sponsoring employers in the US.